Regret


I see a sky without clouds and stars
I'm not in darkness but I'm far away from light
I saw you like fire and water
Didn't know you were a pleasant nature
I thought you were my enemy
Didn't see you were a dove wearing an owls feather

This love you gave with loyalty
But I showed no accolades
You served me your pain everyday
And wasted your flesh to please me
But I was too blind to see
Was I naive  or stupid ???

Now sorry is too late to say
"Come back" you might never hear
I would be cursed if I sing eulogy at your grave
But if termites had not made a feast of your heart
Please do forgive me...

Poem by Emem Udoh

Click this link to read the poem titled, Reminisce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Naira Giving Way To Cryptocurrency?

5,000 Sacked Teachers: Nwoko Storms Court To Reject New Sole Witness …As AKSG Sets To Recruit 1,000 Fresh Teachers Amidst Litigation

Blood Trails March 9 Polls In Ukanafun, Essien Udim … As Udo Kierian Allegedly Ruins Oruk Anam elections