Hurt



You move with your limbs of snake
Mind of ice and heart of coal
Hurt spills from your tongue
And you burn me with your eyes

You destroy what we have
And only left a cloying perfume
A scent of death fills the air
Still I find myself at your feet

You pleasured your purpose
Bended my rules
And betrayed my truth
But I crave to be in your abusive arms

Then time finally claims my flaking bones
And empties my bleeding heart
I become a speck of dust in your eyes
But I promise I'll always be there

Poem & Drawing By Emem Udoh


Also read: Reminisce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Naira Giving Way To Cryptocurrency?

5,000 Sacked Teachers: Nwoko Storms Court To Reject New Sole Witness …As AKSG Sets To Recruit 1,000 Fresh Teachers Amidst Litigation

Blood Trails March 9 Polls In Ukanafun, Essien Udim … As Udo Kierian Allegedly Ruins Oruk Anam elections